12.08.2010

Advent: Day 8

Lego Calendar:
Bible Verse:  1 Thessalonians 2:19-20
For what is our hope, our joy, or the crown in which we will glory in the presence of our Lord Jesus when he comes?  Is it not you?  Indeed, you are our glory and joy.

Activity: Go to the Nutcracker Ballet.
I received an email a few months ago about the Eugene Ballet Company holding a few daytime performances of the Nutcracker at a local college campus.  I knew this would be a great opportunity to let the kids experience the Nutcracker, especially at $1.50/ticket!

When we arrived we saw the truck that holds all the costumes and sets for the ballet company.   

 As we walked into the theater, we saw some of the performers and all of these fun costumes.
When the performance started my kids were just mesmerized.  After about an hour the lights came up and I assumed we were at intermission.  I had heard they did a shortened performance for the matinees but what I learned was that they just showed part of the first half.  Although it was disappointing to not see the entire performance, my kids loved it.  They have been talking about it all day.  I definitely think it would be worth it to take them to the full performance next year now that I know they would truly enjoy it.  

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Adeline saw the Nutcracker on a "daddy/daughter date" last weekend. She LOVED it!!!! She still talks about it every day. Love all the fun activities you've been doing.