8.23.2010

Outdoor Movie Night

I didn't create a bucket list for this summer {a must do for next summer}, but if I had one of the items on my list would have been the outdoor movie night held at a local park.

Every Friday night during the summer, the city sets up a large inflatable movie screen and shows a family friendly movie starting when the sun goes down.

People bring chairs or spread blankets out on the grass. You can bring in your own food and snacks but they also have some concession stands set up.

I have wanted to go to the outdoor movie night for a few years and we have never made it. I was so excited when it fit into our schedule to experience movie night.

We met our friends at the park {which is my favorite park} for a picnic dinner. The kids played on the equipment and in the splash park until movie time.

We had a great time and look forward to going again next summer!


2 comments:

Pat Berg said...

So jealous we missed this again this summer too! We didn't even get back to the Drive In movie either! Glad you know all about it though in case we ever get on over there.

Simply Sara said...

that is so cool!
what a fun summer activity.
wish we had that here!
:)