12.09.2009

The Short Stop Christmas Cookie Exchange

I am not a huge fan of pie. or cake.

But I can't resist a great cookie or bar.

I am very excited about Sarah's cookie exchange. I love finding and trying new cookie/bar recipes. My hips will hate me but oh my mouth will be so happy!

The three recipes I am asked for the most:


1. good old fashioned chocolate chip cookie - my all time favorite!

2. Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Bars or I have seen them called Scotcheroos. This was the bar mom made to take everywhere. It is easy and the ingredients are things I always have in the house.

1 cup sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 heaping cup of peanut butter
6 cups of rice krispies
1 bag of chocolate chips (i use milk chocolate)
1/2 bag of butterscotch chips ( i actually use about 3/4 of a bag)

Mix sugar and corn syrup on stovetop until they come to a boil. Remove from heat and mix in peanut butter. Add in the rice krispies and coat thoroughly. Pour into a jelly roll pan. Place chocolate chips and butterscotch chips in a microwave safe bowl. Heat until melted (about 2 minutes) and then pour over the top of bars. Let frosting set before cutting.

3. Monster Cookies - this is like a little bit of heaven in your mouth.

1 c butter
2 c sugar
2 c brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp karo syrup
6 eggs
3 c peanut butter

Mix above ingredients in large bowl.

Add in 4 tsp soda
9 c quick oatmeal
1 c M & M's *
1 c chocolate chips *
* i usually add in about two cups of the M&M's and chocolate chips... who doesn't love a little chocolate.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Jenni S. said...

Oh Kristen, I am *so* drooling over all of these. Enjoy some for me!

SnoWhite said...

those all look mighty tasty.

denise said...

I'm totally drooling all over my monitor right now! Thanks for the recipes. I can't wait to try 'em out.

Susan said...

now I'm hungry...thanks for recipes