12.01.2009

Neglected

Dear Blog ~

I am writing to apologize for neglecting you.  I don't really have any decent excuses.  I think about you often and know I need to sit down and give you some bloggy love.  

When I sit down to finish a post, I start to feel overwhelmed because I am SOO far behind.  I have half written posts from September that I want/need to finish.  I get paralyzed by the task that lays ahead of me. Instead of tackling it, I have been ignoring it.  

I have neglected my wonderful bloggy friends as well. I haven't been reading and commenting on posts.... I am behind on what is happening in their lives as well.

So my dear blog, I have come up with a plan.  I am going to tackle that list by catching up and just highlighting certain things for each month.  It is like a weight being lifted off my shoulders just saying that - phew!  I want to document things from this fall since this is like our family scrapbook of the year.  

Here is what you can expect to find over the next few weeks:
* September catch up post
* October catch up post
* November catch up post
* Morgan's birthday party post
* Daily posts on our advent activities (look for the first one later today)
* and so much more - I have some fun things to share with y'all!

I am back dear blog (and my four faithful readers)... I promise I will try not to neglect you any longer.


6 comments:

denise said...

Eh, don't worry about it too much. Blogging should be fun and not a chore.

Still, it's nice to get an update :)

Susan said...

no worries, I know the guilt. Don't allow it to eat you up. Your days are filled with the most important of things.

Remember this on those guilty non blogging, non journaling days...our Mom's, well most of our Mom's, never scrapbooked, journaled and certainly never blogged our childhoods and are we worse off for it? Probably not. I have never been upset with my Mom because she didn't have a lovely scrapbook from my every year, a blog for my big moments or a journal detailing my every move. I couldn't love her more...and your kids will feel the same some day.

That's what I tell myself on guilty Mom days. :)

Kym said...

More than 4 faithful readers. Definetly more than 4 :) I too plan to be back to blogging soon. I have been out of commission since March though! So don't feel bad about where you are, know I am in way worse Blog shape than you :) Thanks for all your posts! I enjoy them a lot :)

Lynn said...

I could just copy and paste this post directly onto my blog...

Pat Berg said...

I like Lynn's idea too! Can I just copy and paste this post to my blog! I need to learn that blogging should not ever be on my "to do" list!

Jenni S. said...

So hopefully that same grace applies to friends who haven't been able to comment lately. :-D I'm just glad you're still blogging. I would miss you if you stopped.