12.02.2009

Giving Water

Each day I fill up my water bottle numerous times. I hand out cups of water to my children.

I never wonder if the water is clean.

I never wonder if the water is safe to drink.

Every day 4,500 mothers bury their children due to contaminated water.

I take for granted the luxury of going to my refrigerator and getting a glass of cold, clean, safe water to drink.

This fall in school we have been studying about Africa {more on this in my catch up posts}. As our school year has progressed, I wanted to find a way for my kids to give to the people of Africa. Then I saw this organization that is building wells in Africa to provide clean, safe water. For only $10 you can provide clean water to a person for 10 years. Amazing!

For the month of December, my kids have decided to forgo their weekly commissions for doing chores to buy water {with a little help from mom and dad} for five people for the next ten years.

Who would like to join us in providing clean, safe water?


1 comment:

Jenni S. said...

Thanks for sharing about this Kristen. I'm going to check it out.