12.07.2009

Backyard Football

One of the things I love most about the fall is football season, especially the games on Sunday afternoon. As much as I look forward to cheering on my team, I also know my boys are occupied which means this mama can get a much needed nap (or at least an hour or so of down time)!

This fall a new Sunday afternoon tradition was started - backyard football. Lance and Landon meet up with two other dads and their sons (between the games they all want to watch) for some good old fashioned tackle football.

These boys don't play gently. Landon has had a bruise or two show up after an afternoon of football. He loves it and looks forward to it each week.

I love how these dads are sharing their love of the sport with their boys and spending that quality time with them - teaching them the game and just enjoy their sons!



* photos courtesy of rick gibbs. thanks rick!

1 comment:

Jenni S. said...

What a fabulous tradition for the boys! I can only imagine how much Landon loves it. :-)