12.08.2009

Advent: Day 8

Four years ago we decided to sponsor a child through Compassion International. At the time Morgan was six and we thought it would be a great opportunity for her to learn about another country and be able to pray for a special friend in need. Each month we provide financial support for a little girl named Rahel in Ethiopia. Throughout the year Morgan writes to her and receives letters and updates on her life in Ethiopia. This spring when Landon turns six, we will sponsor a child for him.

Bible Verse: "Shout and be glad, O Daughter of Zion. For I am coming, and I will live among you," declares the LORD. "Many nations will be joined with the LORD in that day and will become my people. I will live among you and you will know that the LORD Almighty has sent me to you. Zechariah 2:10-11

Activity: Write a letter to Rahel and color or draw her Christmas pictures

4 comments:

Jenni S. said...

We did that last night too! LOL. I love that some of our activities are the same. :-)

Krista said...

That is a really great idea! You have so many good ideas. I am the ultimate copy cat!

Susan said...

very cool...

Lynn said...

Great idea. I did this in college and when we were first married. My girl got pregnant and had to drop out of Compassion's program. I want to do it again when the girls are a bit older.