12.04.2009

Advent: Day 4

When I was in third or fourth grade, I remember my teacher reading aloud The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. Once the book was finished we were able to watch the movie. I remember loving the story.

A few years ago, I got the book for Morgan and she loved it. I have tried to dig up the old movie from the library but it is hard to get a copy. So this fall when a local theater advertised a matinee for the play I knew we had to get tickets.

For our advent activity today we saw The Best Christmas Pageant Ever as put on by area children, teens, and young adults. The story was like I remembered from when I was a young girl.

It was so great to share a treasured story from my childhood with my children.

Bible Verse: Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation 2 Corinthians 5:17-18


6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love that book. Use to read it to my 4th graders every year. But funny thing is today, Brinley brought that book to me twice and asked for me to read it to her. I started reading it, twice, and both time Brinley ran away and said, "No pictures!" I know she is too young, but it is one of my favorites! Did your kids like the play, it would have been fun to go and watch.

p.s. you are posting late! HAHA

Crystal said...

Yay for someone else who knows what krumkage is!! my mother in law will be coming in a few days to help me make the rest of the norwegian cookies. :)

joy said...

just read about your advent calendar. what a great idea! love the pics of the kids, too.

Denise said...

i have never read or seen the "best christmas pageant ever."
sounds like you enjoyed your time.

todays verses were especially encouraging to me. leading me into reconciliation (especially the verses following) with a family member.
ahhhh, a little bit of freedom now from unforgivenss.

Lynn said...

You are so fun....really.

Could your header picture be any sweeter?

Pat Berg said...

I was going to ask you if you knew that was playing...I bet Morgan loved it! I loved that story growing up too, but didn't go to the play here.