12.03.2009

Advent: Day 3

You see this:
GLITTER! Glitter that I am sure will be found around my house for.... well forever! Every time I see a little speck of glitter in the carpet or on the floor, it will remind me of our project today. It will remind me of the smiles and pure joy of doing art projects and getting to use glitter.

Bible verse: Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. But John tried to deter him, saying, "I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?" Jesus replied, "Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness." Then John consented. As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased." Matthew 3:13-17

Activity: Make a paper dove

When the doves were finished I hung them from the light over the kitchen table. Each day we can look up and remember the fun we had with glitter.... especially since some of it keeps falling from the doves :o)

2 comments:

denise said...

Glitter projects are the best, even if they are messy.

You reminded me of a friend whose daughter sprinkled glitter all over the living room floor so she could help her mom get the room "sparkling clean."

Jenni S. said...

OK, you are one brave mom for doing the glitter. I haven't braved it and I know I'm not far off from *everything* being glitter! LOL.