12.02.2009

Advent: Day 2

As I sat down to breakfast with my kids, their first question was, "Can we read Jotham's Journey now?" I am glad to see their excitement over our advent devotional and the activities we have planned for the month. The kids had a hard time focusing on their school work this morning just waiting to pull the slip from the advent calendar.

Our bible verse today: "Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD rises upon you. See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples, but the LORD rises upon you and his glory appears over you." Isaiah 60:1-2

Activity: Stained glass candle holders


They love the art projects and I love seeing them help and encourage each other as they work on their projects.



3 comments:

Kym said...

I have made those with the kids before! They are fun. We added a spray of glittered (I can't think of what is called now) stuff to seal it. They looked great :) How fun!

denise said...

Great project idea. Could you post a picture of one with a lighted candle in it? Just curious :)

Jenni S. said...

You're going to see something very familiar come Wednesday. So glad those worked out for you -- it's nice to feel like I could help. :-)