12.16.2009

Advent: Day 16

We are blessed. Truly blessed.

We have a home, food, clothing, heat, water, cars, toys, blankets, coats, etc... We do not have any basic needs that are not met.

There are so many people who do not have their basic needs met. I want my children to understand how blessed they are and see how they can serve in simple ways to help bless those who are in need.

Activity: Set up for the Rescue Mission dinner - help roll silverware for place settings. Take food purchased for the food shelf and drop it off at the food box at church. My original intention was to help at the food shelf but they did not have a need this month. We will be serving at the food shelf the first week in January - organizing shelves and helping families shop for groceries.




Bible Verses: Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:10-13

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love, love, love that you have been posting what your family is doing for advent! I have been meaning to comment but your family and kids just touch my heart so much. What a great way to help them understand Christmas and the advent season! Thanks for sharing, you are a true inspiration. I appreciate you so much.

Wife2Jason said...

So so so awesome. I'm loing your days of advent. I might steal a few ideas for next year.

In the first picture of Morgan she looks EXACTLY like you!

Lynn said...

You are doing such a great job of posting all your activities!!!

I love the horseback riding pix. How fun that Mauyrn was able to ride with Morgan!

Pat Berg said...

So I am now work destressed after catching up on your blog. You are so creative with all the ways you've connected the meaning of Christmas to each and everyday of your Advent calendar. Amazing. And, I'm exhausted thinking of how busy you have been. I sure Amiah doesn't hear about all of this! :)

Denise said...

did you say organizing? sign me up!