10.13.2009

Sticky Situations

I had been looking for a devotional that I could use with my children each morning during breakfast. I wanted something that would be appropriate for all of my kids, but especially Morgan and Landon.

As I was searching for a devotional, I remembered some friends had told us about a book they were using with their kids. We had the book and have used it sporadically over the last two years.

This year, I wanted our time at breakfast to set the tone for our school day. This devotional has been wonderful.

The book is set up with a devotional for each day. There is a short story where a "sticky situation" is described. The "sticky situation" is not resolved. There are four different resolutions listed as well as a bible verse to reference to guide the children in finding the correct resolution. In the back of the book the answer for the "sticky situation" is given as well as three or four questions to discuss with your children and a short statement about why the correct resolution is what God would want from His children.

My kids are enjoying this book and look forward to our devotional time each day. It is a great way to start conversations about some "sticky situations" and it is interesting to see how my kids would respond in those situations. I am loving this time with my kids each day.


7 comments:

denise said...

Thanks for the post. I've been wanting to do morning devotions with my daughter, but didn't know what I could use that would be at her level.

Jenni S. said...

Thanks for the recommendation, Kristen! I'm always looking for good devotionals for the girls to keep things fresh. I'll have to take a look at this one.

Susan said...

Thanks I am always looking for stuff like this, I will get this boo and try it

Stacey said...

That does sound like a good book....and an even better way to start the day. It seems like if the morning starts off good the rest of the day is a success!

Denise said...

hmm, i'll have to look into this.

i have been reading a children's bible
to the kids everyday for school for the last 5.5 yrs. we have gone through the same bible several times. my FAVORITE times of the home schooling day has been this time with each other. but we have graduated from it, and now i am looking for something that will engage them, ask hard questions, and cause them to think as they enter the teen age years!! aahhhh!

Lynn said...

Thanks...this is one post I will have to remember in coming years.

Short Stop said...

THANK YOU for posting this. I love this idea and I think it will be perfect for us to use as well!!