since I last posted. I have a few posts in the works but I haven't had time to complete them so just a list of what we have been up to over the past few weeks.
* we have been taking advantage of the cooler summer weather and spending as much time outside as possible. our temps have been in the 70's. it is mid june and we haven't had to run our air conditioner at all. it is wonderful!
* i am taking a break from my reading list and doing some lighter/easier reading for the summer. i just finished plain truth by jodi picoult. it was a good read. i read her book my sister's keeper a few years ago and had mixed emotions about it. it was a well written story but there were parts of it that disturbed me a little bit. i am rereading it before i see the movie which is coming out this weekend. if i find an author i like i tend to read all of their books- so i have a feeling i will be reading quite a few of her books over the summer. yesterday i started a reading the memory keepers daughter. i am intrigued by how this one is going to turn out. i would love any suggestions for other books to add to my list for summer/fall?
* i got this for mother's day: i haven't touched a sewing machine in about 20 years (boy do i feel old saying that). i think the last time was either a project for home ec or 4-H. for a year or so i have been wanting to try my hand at sewing and now that morgan has a strong desire to sew, (especially after spending time watching lindsey sew in bass lake) it seemed like a good time to try some easy, very easy projects. i have completed one little project and will post on it soon.
* eating ice cream
* morgan had her gymanstics banquet a few weeks ago. after a rough season, it was fun to see morgan receive the leapin' lizard award (at her level the expected leap is 90 degrees and morgan's leap is 18o degrees). just receiving that award was the little confidence boost morgan needed with gymnastics. she carried her trophy home with pride and a renewed excitement about gymnastics.
* visiting the zoo and enjoying the new african exhibit* i am on day 23 of the 30 day shred. i still believe this is a great dvd but i am starting to get burned out on it. i am the type of person who needs variety in my workout. i plan to keep doing the shred 2-3 days a week once the 30 days is over. i will post more about the 30 days next week when i am finished.
* last week we participated in vbs at our church. we had a new format this year - we met in the evenings and it was a family themed program. we loved it. morgan's comment was "i actually learned something this year." even though it was a great week, i am really thankful to have our nights at home this week.
* i will be spending every afternoon the next two weeks at the pool with the kids for swimming lessons. it should be interesting trying to keep mauryn away from the pool.
* on saturday night we had an outdoor movie night at a friends house. they have an amazing yard where they set up a large screen for the movie. we set up blankets on the hill, put the kids in the house with a movie of their own, and settled in for a beautiful night outside. as good as the drive in and FREE!
* sorry this is so random but its all i have time for today!
What have you been up to so far this summer?
* a post that tells the story behind the trip to bass lake with denise and sarah