8.04.2008

Unintentional

When you live in a world where access to internet and cell phones is a normal part of daily life you forget that there are places without cell phone signal, dsl, or wifi. Places like my husband's family ranch in Montana where I am vactioning with some of my family.

So, I am unintentionally taking a bloggy break. I was hoping to post about our adventures in Montana frequently, especially for our family that couldn't make it.

The kids are all exhausted already, after only two days of being together. There has been time spent playing in the creek, riding horses, hiking, having some too close encounters with nature (a momma bear and her three cubs and a stampede of cattle but more on that later when I can post some photos), a bonfire tonight, and time for cousins to make memories and build relationships. We have a few more "field trips" away from the ranch planned for this week but also plenty of time for just relaxing and playing.

It is time to go eat some s'mores and free up the phone line. I hope you are all having a great week! I will be getting caught up on reading and posting this weekend. Oh and maybe catching up on some sleep after our very full and busy week.

10 comments:

Shan said...

I'm jealous, happy for you, but longing to be there again............

Lynn said...

You are missed, but sometimes a bloggy break is good. Enjoy the time with your family, and I can't wait to read and see pictures of all your adventures.

Sarah Markley said...

have an amazing week!!

joy said...

okay, i am so jealous! i have always wanted to see montana and on a ranch, too! have a great time.

Earen said...

Have a fabulous time!!

Kym said...

I look forward to the wonderful stuff you'll post later! You are missed.

Short Stop said...

It sounds like you are having a GREAT time, Kristen. Oh, to not have the internet...I would be feeling lost without it, too. I hope you enjoyed EVERY minute of your vaca!

Janelle said...

Your trip sounds so fun. I love when we realize we can live without so much of our stuff. We just need each other...and some smores!

Have fun!

Jenni S. said...

Can't wait to hear all about it! Hope you all stayed safe!

Rachel Slagle said...

sounds wonderful!