3.08.2008

The Zoo

When can we go to the zoo?  The phrase Landon has been repeating almost daily for weeks.

Yesterday, the boy had his request granted!  After we took Morgan to gymnastics, Mauryn, Landon and I made a trip into our zoo.  Our zoo is small (you can get through the entire zoo in about an hour and a half including time for play, bathroom breaks, and eating a snack) and quite old.  It isn't a wonderful zoo, like the one we will visit  in June, but it provides a place to go and explore.  For a toddler and a preschooler, this zoo is a vast openness of new experiences and freedom.  The freedom to not be buckled in a stroller, to run, jump, climb, and skip around the small zoo. The experience of  seeing the big cats come right up to the glass to take a nap or relax in the sunshine and the penguins who swim right at your feet.  For those experiences, the time spent with my kids, the smiles on their faces -  it is worth the trip to our little zoo. 

Landon trying to get the Oscelot to come near him. 
Landon helping Mauryn to see the Oscelot
I loved this! Landon taking Mauryn by the hand to help her see the animals.  I am glad I got it on film because about 5 minutes later he said, can Mauryn please get in her stroller so we can go faster?

3 comments:

Short Stop said...

What a fun day! I can't wait to take Jack to the zoo this spring. I know he will love it.

Awesome pics, K! You captured the moments so well!

Earen said...

What great pictures! Looks like you had such a fun day!

Jenni S. said...

I love the pictures of Landon and Mauryn together - it just warms my heart to see siblings care for each other like that. Glad you all had fun!