11.21.2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

This year in honor of November, the thankful month, I have been keeping a list of things I am thankful for each day on my sidebar. I also did my 50th post on Giving Thanks. I wanted to do something with my kids to help them focus on all the blessings in our lives. I read about having a thankful jar as a centerpiece on your Thanksgiving table. I wanted to find something for our table so we could have a thankful jar. The other day, I found this candle holder and it was perfect!
I cut some white cardstock, added a bit of color, and then put the paper on our kitchen table so we can add things we are thankful for each day. We are planning on sharing our slips during our Thanksgiving meal. The kids have really enjoyed it. I think this is going to become a new tradition in our house. It changes your perspective on life when you look at all that you do have to be thankful for each day. We are truly blessed! I am going to join in with fellow blogger Tara and continue my thankful list through December.

We are working on Thanksgiving preparations today and fitting in a bit of school. Lance's sister and her two kiddos will arrive tonight. They will spend the weekend with us. We are looking forward to our time with them. We don't have much on the agenda so it will be nice to just visit, relax, and let the kids play.

I hope each of you has a blessed Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

I'm Tara. said...

Yay! Let's be thankful together. :)