8.29.2007

Changes, Changes

Changes is a good title for my post, since I have now deleted the original post. I am one of those writers who makes multiple drafts, usually wtih pen and paper before I put something down on the computer. This will definitely be a change for me having to learn to write and edit on the computer.

There are so many changes on the horizon. Mauryn is almost 10 months old. She is crawling and getting into everything. She is trying really hard to stand up on her own. So cute when she tries! She finds the dishwasher quite fascinating. Part of me is ready for her to grow up but another part is really sad to be loosing my baby - especially if she is our last one. The stage from about 5 months to 9 months is always a long stretch for me. I am not sure why but it seems to drag on. I think mostly it is because to go anywhere I feel like I have to take my entire kitchen - sippy cups, their food, snacks, etc... I don't know why this seems like a big deal but it does. Once my babies start table food it is like a whole new world. Now that I have Mauryn down to nursing two times a day I think I feel like I have much more freedom. I am happy for those changes but really I can't believe she is growing up. She has been such a dream baby - so sweet, cuddly, happy. All of my babies have been good but she is probably the most laid back. In some ways she is a "late bloomer" compared to Morgan and Landon but I treasure that as a blessing - then she can seem like a baby for a while longer. She seems little because she is so petite. Many people have commented on how she looks like she is 4 months old but yet she sits up and feeds herself. Well, my baby is still in her 3-6 months clothes, but I think we may be moving out of those and into her 6-12 months for the fall. YEAH!

Speaking of fall, anyone else ready for fall??? I am so ready to pitch out the summer stuff. I am tired of the hot days. We had a sneak peek at fall this week. It was so cool at night and in the mornings. We could sleep with the windows open - love it! Now it is going to get hot again. I am sure it won't be the last hot streak and fall will be here before we know it. I think now that school has started, there are football games to attend it seems like we should be in sweatshirts and jeans. When we moved here, we had snowflakes in the Valley on September 16 2005 and there was snow on the pass from Stanley to Sun Valley. I know it could change in a minute. Landon keeps asking if there is snow on the mountains yet so he can ski. I am a total summer person - I love the hot weather, the sunshine, the days at the pool, having a suntan, being outside but I also love the change of seasons. I don't know that I could live somewhere that I could experience all four seasons. There is something about those changes and I am always ready for the next season when it arrives. I love the colors and chill of the air in the fall, I love the snow in the winter (although I don't get to experience it as much now), I love the newness of spring and the rain and thunderstorms, and I love the sunshine, warmth, and relaxation of summer. There is just something about all those changes.

1 comment:

lindsey said...

How honored I am to be the first to post on your blog!!!!! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging(I say that like Im a big blogger myself.......Im not, my wife is though) Great to see pictures of the kids, they are beautiful kids, what a blessing! So glad there is a way to check in with you guys now and see the family grow. Modern tech.....gotta love it!

Sean Cheney, in SLO-CA